Chowara, a fishing hamlet near to Kovalam has many picturesque spots. The Chowara Ayyappa Temple atop a hill overlooks the Chowara beach and offers an amazing view of the beach below. Chowara is also home to the ancient Analothbhava Matha Church.
The Azhimalathara Beach here is identified as the only place where the sea recedes from the coast and does not eat into the beach during the monsoon.
How To Getting There:
- By Air: Located at a distance of about 15 kilometres, the Trivandrum International Airport is the nearest airport to Kovalam. The airport is connected to all major airports in India and major cities around the world, like Singapore and Colombo. From the airport you can hire a taxis, or even take a bus or auto-rickshaws to take you to Kovalam.
- By Bus: Buses are the most economical way to reach Kovalam. Kovalam is well-connected to Trivandrum and other nearby major cities by city bus services. Luxury tourist bus services to Trivandrum are available from many nearby cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Madurai and Nagercoil.
- By Train: The Trivandrum Central railway station, located about 15 kilometres from Kovalam, is the nearest railway station to Kovalam. The Trivandrum Central railway station is well linked to major cities in India. From the railway station, one can hire a taxi or a cab or board a bus to reach Kovalam.
- Nearest railway station: Thiruvananthapuram Central, about 20 km is the nearest railway station
- Nearest airport: Trivandrum International Airport, about 24 km, is the nearest airport.
Location on MapGet Direction
|Address||Chowara Beach, Kovalam, Kovalam, Kerala , India|